1. Octopus. You can paint or wrap the cup in coloured paper. Draw two eyes and a mouth and cut 8 strips of paper for tentacles which you can glue to the rim of the cup. Older children could plait wool to make tentacles.
2. Skittles. Stack cups into a pyramid and roll a ball or rolled up socks/gloves at them.
3. Shaker. Decorate two cups how you wish and then fill with rice. Glue or tape the cups together and shake!
4. Advent Calendar. In a large rectangle of cardboard cut 24 holes the a couple millimetres less than the size of the rim. Push the cups into the holes, full with advent goodies and glue tissue paper over cups to seal. Write numbers 1-24 under the cups.
5. Decorate plain LED lights. Decorate the cups, cut a small ‘X’ shape in the base and push led light through the X cut, repeat for all lights.
6. Sheep. Paint the bottom of 4 wooden pegs black and peg on to the rim of the cup, equally spaced. Glue cotton wool balls to the cup, use a large cotton wool ball for a head, glue on googly eyes and black paper ears.
7. Windchime. Decorate cup and punch several holes around the rim and one tiny hole in the bare. Thread beads and small bells along string and tie to cup using the rim holes. Thread string through the base to hang.
8. Crown. Decorate the cup and then cut the top of a cup into a jagged crown shape. Thread hair elastic or a thin hair band through the base of the cup to attach to your head.
9. Frog eyes. Paint or use 2 green cups, cut 2 white arches out of paper and glue to the cups so the bottom of the arch is at the base. Draw on a black circle for the middle of the eye. Cut holes in the rim of the cups to thread onto a hairband.
10. Centipede. Decorate the cups and then thread together with string. Glue on two legs to each cup and help the caterpillar wriggle across the floor.
11. Rocket launcher. Draw a rocket decoration on a cup with the rim as the bottom. Cut 4 equally spaced slits into the rim and attach an elastic band (or two to make a taut cross). Place a second cup underneath, pull the elastic cup down over the top and let go, it will launch into the air!
12. Apple box. Visit this page for full instructions.
13. Pop-up puppet. Decorate the cup, make a slit in the base, push a lollipop stick through and glue a character onto the stick. Push the stick up to reveal the character.
14. Anemometer. Head over here for full instructions.
15. Pom-Pom Shooter. Cut the base of the cup off. Cut off the end of the balloon and stretch the balloon over the rim of the cup. Place a pom-pom inside and then pull back the balloon and shoot!
16. Daisies. Cut slits down the rim and bend backwards to make petals (round off the corners). Use a straw or lolly stick to push through the flower as a stem. Decorate as you wish.
17. African drum. Check out this blog for great instructions.
18. Fairy House. Cut a doorway into the cup and glue a paper bowl upside down on top of the cup. Decorate as you like.
19. Minimalist wreath. Thread approximately 30 white cups onto string and tie in a circle. Arrange the cups so equal amounts of the cups are showing and glue in place of they are sliding around. Use a ribbon to hang.
20. Weaving craft. Cut several slits all the way down to the base and weave thread or thin wool through the slits. Check out more details here.
Have you any other paper cup ideas?