Today I am hosting one of my favourite craft bloggers who I have followed since my youngest was born and tried so many of her great crafts. So I’m feeling a little bit fan girly here and introducing Maggy Woodley of Red Ted Art, you can check her blog out here and social links are at the end of the post.
Winter is such a magical season. Snowflakes, snow days and snow men are some of my favorites but then there’s penguins and polar bears, trees, and so much more. It is easy to find crafty inspiration from this magical season because there is so much to love. We love these easy snowman crafts because who doesn’t love a man made of snow with a carrot nose? It’s just fun, isn’t it? If you like snow globes and penguins you must check out these Winter Crafts too. But you came here for paper crafts. They’re typically easy and so fun! My kids adore making and displaying them around the house like trophies!
- These color pages aren’t your typical color pages. These snowman and friends wrap into cones and turn into beautiful works of art to display on a bookshelf or mantle. What a special gift these would make for grandparents or teachers as well!
- Like our other corner bookmarks, these Polar Bear Corner Bookmarks, are so adorable! Can you just imagine that cute little bear poking out from your book? Follow along with the video and you too can have a sweet little reading companion.
- Paper snowflakes are a classic childhood activity but these are not your average paper snowflakes! The 3D effect makes them even more beautiful and fun to make!
- When we give cards to our friends and family, we like them to be homemade. The sentiment is so much sweeter when we’ve made them and these origami penguins would be my favorite to receive! How super duper cute are they?
- Have you put together kaleidoscopes before? If not you should, they are so fun. This winter set would be a fantastic place to start.
- Pop up cards are so fun to receive. With this snowman version, anyone could color the snowman, even a child, and the card would make the sweetest winter hello or thank you card for someone special!
- Birch trees are one of my favorites because even in the deep of winter they are still beautiful. They are the inspiration for these fantastic watercolour cards!
- If you’re looking for a craft for kids with practically no prep, this doily snowman is sure to be a hit. Each child can customize their own snowman friend with accessories. Haven’t you always wanted to be a snowman fashion designer?
- Another fun craft for kids that is inspired by a big fun fluffy winter animal: The Polar Bear. This craft can even help reinforce shapes with young children!
Aren’t all of these crafts just so much fun? Winter may initially seem like a drag with the super cold temperatures and driving in the snow is not usually fun, but these crafts are! Winter is a fantastic inspiration for crafty afternoons when you’re inside because it’s just too cold to be out any longer.
Thank you Maggy, I love all those ideas, but particularly liked the birch tree watercolour cards, so beautiful!